12.14.2011

Sequins and Sparkles...or Lack Thereof.

(Top from Charlotte Russe, skirt: gift from mom, shoes from Payless, earrings from Kohl's, 
gold bracelets from Kristin Hassan, silver & swarovski crystal bracelet from Ruche, silver ichthus bracelet: gift)
Everybody, Everywear totally snuck up on me this month! At the last minute I realized that sequins and sparkles are not well represented in my closet. In fact, the only item I have with a few sequins on it is this horse tee from Old Navy... and that just wasn't going to cut it! Since I missed out on the last couple of months of Everybody, Everywear, I really wanted to participate despite the dismal realization that I have a boring closet. I dug around and found this reallllly old top that has a nice shimmery pattern on it, pulled out my gold metallic wedding heels, stacked some shiny bracelets together, put on some dangly earrings, and (with the addition of the skirt of course) I had myself an outfit! The kiddo was napping, the hubby was at work, and I certainly wasn't lounging around the house in this outfit, so this was essentially a 25 year old woman playing dress up. That's acceptable right? 
Edit:
I decided to add my Friday's Fancies outfit on to this post since the theme is sparkle and shine and that goes perfectly with the EveryBody, Everywear challenge! I kinda sorta based my outfit on the one I had fun putting together up above (minus the gold accents). Make sure to check out all the sparkly goodness going on at long distance loving this week! Oh and Thursday was my four year anniversary! We enjoyed a long walk with the little man, time at the playground together, and a yummy dinner cooked by moi. We'll be celebrating with a dinner out on Saturday!

15 comments:

  1. So pretty, I love a delicate sparkle!! And yes totally acceptable I've done it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wrong with playing dress up! I currently work at home and puton nicer clothes just to get out of comfy pants every once in a while :) Super cute outfit, with a class amount of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody should play dress up now and again! I really like that this would be totally office appropriate with a cardigan or blazer (because I'm always looking for new ideas for work wear).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely acceptable. You are so gorg Val! You look like a model. Very sophisticated and pretty outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh Valerie! So pretty and so classy!! Very chic! xx Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous! That top is so versatile too. You can totally dress it up for evening and down for day wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your look!! The grey top is fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your real life outfit and the outfit you created!!
    Great sparkle and shine inspiration!
    Have a great weekend, Valerie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the subtle sparkle in your look. i also LOVE the dress in your friday's fancies look, too. i hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the outfits! That skirt/top combo in the Friday Fancies outfit is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's absolutely acceptable! I do it all the time. How else would you come up with new combinations (^_^).
    I love your Friday's Fancies look too! It's so classy!

    Hope you're having a fabulous weekend,
    Nikell

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the new ebew and I am so sad that I don't own anything sparkly, haha ^^ I love your golden top! it's so festive! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete