3.08.2012

Mint Chocolate

I think pale mint and rich brown look exquisite together! The combo definitely inspired my Friday's Fancies this week, and I just had to throw in a little tangerine for good measure! Now I've got two fresh colors to add to my closet!
 Getting Minted by valfox
I think this mint dress paired with some adorable wedges would make a lovely and sophisticated spring break outfit. I chose a pair of beaded earrings that somewhat mimics the print of the dress and a great bag, watch, and ring to finish off the look. To continue with my color theme this week I put together a collage of many minty lovelies for your viewing pleasure! My favorite item is the bow-front blouse! Wouldn't it look nice with some dark skinnies and nude heels?
The Mint Mix by valfox
It was warm enough to go swimming today! We packed up our beach bag with towels and snacks and took Sean to the lovely wading pool on the other side of our apartment complex. The water was still cold but Sean loved it! I'll post pics soon. Oh and the mini juice fast I did on Monday went really well! I lost 2 pounds in one day and felt quite energized. I wish the story ended there, but sadly just eating normally the next two days put it right back on... C'est la vie!

20 comments:

  1. Love your finds here! I love mint too and would like to have something in it- but I don't look so great in light colors. I've been frantically searching for something KELLY green!! I want the perfect cardi for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you titled your post "Mint Chocolate," because when I saw this thumbnail on {av}'s link-up, the first thing I thought was, "Mmm, mint!" What a great spring color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress! Cool color choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color! And you so don't need to lose two pounds. You're beautiful! xoxo, eliza

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the minty looks! I don't have much in mint in my wardrobe at the moment sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mint is just popping up everywhere! I love that pleated dress with the belt! Hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! These colors look so sweet together. I've been stocking up on mint pieces for spring but now I'll have to add some chocolate to the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your sophisticated Spring Break outfit...I'll take one of each please. ;) And I'm loving your compilation of minty goodness!

    We're #83 in today's link-up. We'd love for you to check out our perfect Spring Break wardrobe!

    Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving all the mint, it's such a gorgeous color & you have some really good picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the chocolate mint! Great idea and beautiful picks! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, I am right there with you on the Mint color! It is my fave right now, for sure!!

    Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving that color for Spring! I haven't even considered wearing it and really need to invest in at least one piece. Maybe a flowy chiffon top!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking good! I love mint, but my olive skin looks a little too greenish when I wear it. :( Le sigh.
    xoxo,
    dash
    {dashspersonalstyling.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving the mint green too lately! It's so fabulous!!! I just got some mint green nail polish I can't wait to rock! :)

    Nicole Rene
    http://nicolerenedesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh mint chocolate! Love that! Great color combination and I like the pop of orange with the mint

    ReplyDelete