4.04.2012

Homemade Cilantro Hummus

I only recently discovered that I love hummus, so when I saw a recipe for a cilantro/lemon blend on Mandy's super awesome blog The Haps I just knew I had to make it. Please go check out her original post here, her pictures are amazing, she's really funny, and you'll kinda need the recipe if you want to make this yummyness for yourself!
I was so surprised I actually liked the sriracha! I usually avoid all types of hot sauce like the plague, but it added just the right amount of kick to the dish. I definitely would add less than 1/2 tbsp if you don't like the heat though! I also modified the recipe a bit by adding in some green onion tops. Oh and I couldn't find any tahini and it still tasted great!
The final product was not only delicious, but also healthy and refreshing. I served it with some sweet onion rice crackers and Sean gobbled it up! I did not succeed in winning Ryan over to hummus though, he still loathes it!

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I love cilantro AND hummus! Must try this, ASAP! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I want to try making this soon! I love anything with cilantro! :)

    ReplyDelete