4.20.2012

Picnics at the Pool

I LOVE taking Sean to the pool! He loves the water so much and gets hyper and excited to be there, plus his little wet footprints are so cute next to Ryan's! I've started packing snacks or a meal for us to eat while we're there too. We've had beef and cheese empanadas with fresh melon, turkey and cheese sandwiches on wheat bagels with strawberries, pineapple and raw green beans on the side, and juice, whole grain crisps, and fruit sticks on the last few outings. Is it just me or does food taste better outside?? Even tastier after a swim too! I actually think you need a blanket in the grass for something to qualify as a picnic though, but Ryan says it's any meal you eat outside. In the interest of combining posts, (since it's picnic week at Friday's Fancies!) I'll go with Ryan's definition this time. Hence you get a poolside picnic outfit from me today! (And no, I wouldn't be showing my stomach, the one piece takes care of that!)

9 comments:

  1. Your pool is open already? WHAT? Jealous!!! Love that bathing suit you featured at the bottom. Ruching is so, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A picnic at the pool is a wonderful idea. For years when I was growing up all of the families with kids would pack lunches and come spend the day at my parents' house. That bathing suit is so cute! Come over and enter my Kate Spade giveaway if you haven't already. Happy Friday!
    XO,
    Hannah
    www.hannahandbryan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a good momma!! And those flip flops are adorable :) xo! eliza

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO jealous that it's pool weather down there already for you guys!! Love this nautical poolside outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously now, can we just call it a weekend and meet in the park for a picnic?! Because this is the cutest outfit in the history of outdoor outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food absolutely tastes better outside. Looks like you guys had the perfect pool day.

    Love that one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable pics and pool outfit :) I'm so glad pool season has arrived... I spent all day there yesterday! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are SUCH an adorable family! Great photo of Sean and Ryan's footprints side by side :) And you are looking sooo skinny, Val!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete