10.22.2011

Health and Fitness: Success!

Good little 25 minute workout I did this week

New Weight:
137

I did it! I lost the 3 pounds I wanted to this week. Yay! All it took was cutting out sweets for a few days and watching my portion sizes of snacks and meals. The second half of the week I was able to have one sweet thing a day (piece of dark chocolate, 1/2 cup of sherbet, etc.) and still keep losing weight. I also exercised four days this week. Those jumping jacks in the image above were tough, but I did them all. Also, my husband lost almost 5 pounds this week! He has lost 30 pounds total and has 30 pounds to go. It's so exciting to be that family going to the gym and eating healthy instead of being lazy. I LOVE it. Today is our cheat day though, and we're going to grill some burgers here at the apartment with some friends and family. It's going to be fun but we're not going to pig out or go crazy! 

Alrighty, we are now down to the last rule from Bethenny Frankel's book!
"Good for you." 
All you have to do is figure out what works for YOU. A diet that may work great for someone else wouldn't be perfect for you. You may hate going to the gym, so figure out what type of exercise is fun for you. Go swimming, go for a bike ride, play sports. The point is that you find something you can stick with! Do things that are GOOD FOR YOU. Sleep enough, get yourself moving, and eat right!


All great advice!! Here are all 10 rules one last time:
1. Your diet is your bank account
2. You can have it all, just not all at once
3. Taste everything, eat nothing
4. Pay attention
5. Downsize now
6. Cancel your membership to the clean plate club
7. Check yourself before you wreck yourself
8. Know thyself
9. Get real
10. Good for you

(Linking up to Kimberly's Project Self!)

8 comments:

  1. Way to go! I keep saying I want to try that little diddy, but have yet to do it. I've been zumba-ing my little heart out lately and I can't get enough! It's true though, if you don't love what workout you are doing, you aren't going to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah congrats! I saw that on pinterest the other day and determined to try it too. Glad to know it was a good workout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to both you and your husband! That is seriously so exciting! I really like the rule of having a diet that fits you too. I hope you guys enjoy your cheat day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get it, girl! You are so amazing!!! You're right back to where you were before last week's weigh-in and I bet you're feeling GREAT!

    Love the rules! And as always, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations doll! I am definitely trying to lose some serious weight before January!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey girl! congrats:) I have a Motivate Me Monday link party that I think you would have fun with. It all things health...sharing recipes, workouts, tips...challenges every week.. anyway I would love for you to check it out if you have time!!
    xoxo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you guys go! That's fantastic news for both you and your husband!!! I really like your updates...they help remind me that I can do it too. Congrats to you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Short but meaningful tips. Love it! Thanks for sharing your knowledge. This article is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete