8.11.2011

Cheesy Stuffed Tomatoes

Breadcrumbs, Italian parsley, cheese, spices, tomatoes and melted butter.
Fresh out of the oven and ready to eat!

I haven't gotten dressed up nicely once this week! I've been to my mom's house and out to the playground with Sean and to the nearest Redbox and back and that's it! Since I don't have an outfit post to share I thought I'd post how to make these yummy cheese stuffed tomatoes I made for our lunch today. They were pretty easy to make and used up some greenhouse tomatoes I had that needed to be eaten.
I used this recipe from The Novice Chef and copied it here for your convenience.


Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes

Ingredients:
4 medium tomatoes
1/4 cup of your favorite breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
8 basil leaves, chopped
1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Parsley for garnish

Directions:
Slice off top of tomato, hollow out (leaving 1/2 inch thick shell), and chop pulp and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, butter, basil, salt and pepper. Next stir in cheese and tomato pulp. Fill each tomato shell and then wrap each tomato individually in foil.
Grill, or bake (at 400 degrees) for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is completely melted. Garnish with parsley and serve hot!
(A Novice Chef Blog Original)

I added some extra cheese on top because you can never have too much cheese! A lot of cheese may not be healthy for you but I prepared a big fresh salad for our dinner so it balances out... or at least that's what I tell myself! If you make this recipe too I hope you enjoy it as much as my hubby and I did! My son on the other hand...he spit it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment