8.26.2011

My Wedding Album

My dress, veil, shoes, and bouquet
Putting on my earrings that were once my grandmother's.
My sister helping me get ready.
More preparations.
Heading into the church to meet this cutie at the altar!
The wedding party.
A kiss from my mom, who I was proud to have walk me down the aisle!
We totally forgot to blow out the candles we lit the unity candle with. So much for the symbolism of two becoming one!!
Presenting Mr. and Mrs. Fox! 
        My immediate family, minus my oldest sister who was 8 months pregnant at the time and couldn't fly into town for the wedding!
My girls!
Hubby and his groomsmen
We did it!
Oops I missed a curl when I was loosening up my curls. That ringlet looks silly!
Ryan pretending to whisper sweet nothings. 
xoxoxo
There they go again!
And again! He's just too cute
Never thought I'd be playing on a playground in my wedding dress, but it was fun and the pictures came out cute!
Hand in hand with my best friend.
       I designed the centerpieces using chargers from Bed Bath and Beyond and candles and little sparkly circlets from Michael's.
Friends and family at the reception.
Candid shot.
All smiles!
Dancing with my honey.
We danced to a Sinatra song, but I can't remember which one! 
And we're off! (Poor hubby got hit in the eye with a bag of rice! Nice send off, lol)
So here is my wedding post as promised! I married my best friend on a beautiful crisp and cool day in December of 2007 and I can't believe almost four years have passed already! I have many more pictures from that day, (by the awesome Pedro Saenz) but this post is already long enough! We were so happy to celebrate our wedding with our loved ones and I thank God for his blessings. 

My only regret is not trying harder to get the dress I originally wanted! I tried on this lovely Alfred Angelo dress when I was out of town one day and they didn't have my size so I left without it.
After visiting many different places in my town and trying on a million dresses, I finally purchased something entirely different from the above picture, but after a while I knew it was not THE dress. (I couldn't return it either so I was stuck with it.) In a last ditch effort I started searching eBay and found the dress I ended up wearing. (Crazy, I know.) My seamstress tailored it to me and I was happy in it on my wedding day, but once I got the pictures back I realized I looked TOTALLY flat in every single picture! I wasn't aware that the strapless shaper/bra thingie I was wearing under the dress made me look like a pancake. I never took pictures with it on beforehand because I bought it the day before. Lesson learned. 

5 comments: